Blackout #Review #Booktour & #giveaway with #author @SimonScarrow #Historical #WWII #Thriller – Alternative-Read.com
- Blackout #Review #Booktour & #giveaway with #author @SimonScarrow #Historical #WWII #Thriller
- Rituals & Runes : A Limited Edition Urban Fantasy Anthology #Booktour & #giveaway with many #authors + C.A. King! @portalprophecy #pnr
- Chapter and Curse #Interview with Bestselling #Author Elizabeth Penney! @liz2penney #Review #SundaySpotlight
- Together We Stand: A Collection of Survivor Stories by Various Authors #Booktour & #giveaway
- Killer View by Roy Johansen is a spinoff from the bestselling Kendra Michaels series he writes with the legendary author, Iris Johansen. #Review #SaturdaySpotlight #Interview @royjohansen
Review – The Face At The Window by Ruby Speechley
I read this book all day and long into the night. I’d had a busy day, I was tired, and I didn’t think I’d be able to take it all in when I first picked it up. Do you get days like that? When you read a book but you’re tired and you’re not really taking it all in? But with this one, Ruby Speechley not only kept me up all night reading, her story also stayed with me as I finally settled down to sleep. I couldn’t help but think how easy it could be for something like this to happen.
Imagine your five day old baby has been taken away from you by someone you thought you knew and could trust. Someone who turns out to be a stranger, with a fake name and address. I then went on to think how it’s a horrible thing to happen and I wouldn’t wish that on anybody, but it’s clear that there’s something else going on and I really enjoyed finding out just what that was.
I especially loved how we are dripfed subtle hints that a couple of characters may not be as naive as first seems. In fact nearly all of the characters have secrets, which is why this is such a compelling read. There is so much going on and it all ties up so nicely in the end too make a thoroughly enjoyable read.
Who has her baby and why? What has Gemma done to deserve such treatment? If you like authors like K.L. Slater, Lisa Jewell and Adele Parks (to name but a few brilliant psychological suspense authors) then this one is for you. Do not miss out on reading such a well-written book with so many layers and exciting plot twists! The bomb that dropped at the end knocked me off my feet it was so exciting!
The Face At The Window by Ruby Speechley
They’re in your house.
They want your life.
And now, they have your baby.
To the world, I’m @HappyWife. Online, people only see my picture-perfect home, my handsome husband, Nick, and my beautiful baby, Thomas.
They don’t see the real Gemma Adams. They don’t see my past, the dark secrets I’m hiding in my marriage. They don’t see the fear I live in every single day.
But I know someone is watching me. And now, they’ve taken Thomas.
I just don’t know why.
But I’m going to stop at nothing to get my baby back.
Even if it destroys everything I’ve got to find him.
A compelling thriller, packed with suspense – fans of K.L. Slater and Lisa Jewell won’t be able to put it down.