SaturdaySpotlight #Interview with Bestselling #Author Kyle Mills! @KyleMillsAuthor #SaturdayShare #Review – Alternative-Read.com
- SaturdaySpotlight #Interview with Bestselling #Author Kyle Mills! @KyleMillsAuthor #SaturdayShare #Review
- FIRESTORM #SaturdaySpotlight #Interview with Bestselling #Author & Former CIA Taylor Moore! #SaturdayShare #Review
- Alternative-Read.com : The Outro
- Crescent Moon Crossing by #author Sandy Wright @sinazAZ #BookReview #DomesticSuspense #PoliceProcedural
- Girl, Forgotten by Author Karin Slaughter! Sunday Spotlight Interview with Bestselling Author Karin Slaughter!
We’ve joined the fight for mental health to help create a movement for change. It’s time to help reduce the stigma so many experience. Maybe you are one of the many who have experienced some form of mental or behaviourial health issues, or seen a loved one struggle. This Pandemic, and all the lockdowns we’ve been though, has a lot to answer for! I’ve certainly not had a great time with it. I fell into an awful reading slump where I was unable to sit still enough to concentrate for any decent length of time. My mind was all over the place.
Because I’m a high-risk person, I’ve practically hibernated for over a year. And you should see my hair! My first hair appointment (in over a year) is still nearly two months away… LOL But joking aside I’m fortunate enough to have close family to support me which means I am there for them too. Sadly not everyone has someone they can turn to for help. (For anyone in a crisis we have some numbers to call at the bottom of this page).
Over the coming days we shall be taking a look at various ways we can help our readers in our own small way – from books we recommend to help you through this Pandemic, to how to get your writing mojo back when you’ve lost sight of her, or him.
Stay tuned. And most of all, stay safe!
The green ribbon is the international symbol for mental health awareness. Have you bought yours to show your support?
NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE URGENTLY?
Do you need urgent help? UK DETAILS
If your mental or emotional state quickly gets worse, or you’re worried about someone you know – help is available.
You’re not alone; talk to someone you trust. Sharing a problem is often the first step to recovery.
Need to contact someone? USA
If you or someone you know is in crisis, please call 911, go to the nearest emergency room, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to reach a 24-hour crisis center, or text MHA to 741741 at the Crisis Text Line.
You can also call 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746 at the SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline. Trained crisis workers will listen to you and direct you to the resources you need.
Resources and places you can donate directly
- Mental Health AMERICA : https://www.mhanational.org/
- Mind : https://www.mind.org.uk/
- UK Mental Health Foundation : https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/
If you know of any more you feel should be added here, please feel free to get in touch or leave a comment below. Thank you.