It’s Sunday Post time! This is hosted by the lovely Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week. Some of these posts are actually older, as I have never shared them. I found Dec to be a tricky month to keep up with posting to Instagram, so never posted daily as I usually do.
LAST WEEK ON ALTERNATIVE-READ.COM:
This is my first Sunday wrap since Christmas and the New Year, which was so busy for me that I’m afraid I got a bit behind with joining in with some regular features, and blog commenting. I assume this is the same for many of you who were also cooking non-stop for your family and visiting relations with no Internet! haha! This week has also been a little slow because there’s been a lot of family stuff going on, but hopefully next week will be better. I will make it so!
This year I haven’t set a whole bunch of New Year Resolutions, just a few:
My Personal New Year Resolutions…
- Fly Lady – (Long term goal) I’m making every effort to follow the Flylady plan to help de-clutter my house and keep on top of the housework, which I am notoriously bad at! (Anyone here a FlyBaby?)
- To become an early riser! (Long term goal) I have taken to getting up at 4.45 am during the weekdays. Yes, you read that correctly! The first day was easy, (Wed 2nd Jan), the second (Thurs 3rd Jan) wasn’t bad either, but yesterday, (Fri 4th Jan) I felt quite tired, but that may also be because I am detoxing. Yes, I am also doing…
- Dry January – (A short term goal) no alcohol during the month of January. This will definitely help with getting up earlier in them mornings, and maybe even with my next goal…
- Lose weight – Since I was ill and started working from home, I unable to walk the dog and get out much from around July to the beginning of December, I found I put on nearly a stone in weight from the last time I recorded it!!! (at least 113 days ago). That has got to change! (Long term goal).
- Controlling my Crohn’s – Although I am currently in remission, I am still being very careful to keep my Crohn’s under control to avoid relapsing. Plus there are other issues to contend with, as Crohn’s is not so cut and dry and cause other Crohn’s related problems. With regard to this goal of mine, it basically means being careful what I eat and making notes of the foods I’m eating that don’t agree with me. So far, I’ve discovered a LOFFLEX (LOw Fat/ Fibre Limited EXclusion) diet suits me much better than any other. And when I call it a diet, it’s not actually a diet to lose weight, it’s just a healthy eating routine with better choices. For example eating your greens and having plenty of vegetables is the normal for most people wanting a healthier diet, but for me that’s lethal, and I’m better cutting down on the amount of vegetables I eat and keeping my fibre intake very low. Which is what a LOFFLEX, is all about. And yes, if you click the links, I was on the liquid diet over Christmas 2017 for about 6 weeks – what fun that was! LOL Now I vary what I eat much more, with the LOFFLEX ideals firmly installed into my brain.
And that’s it. Come February I am thinking of making another list based around my work and blogging goals, but I will keep those separate from my ‘life’ goals, which are more about keeping healthy and looking after myself and my family, which in turn I need to do, so I can keep up with my blogging goals lol I’m considering dropping Patreon, as they’ve actually caused me a lot of stress, something I could definitely do without. So, not to be beaten, I am currently working new adventures for this year.
Have you made any New Year’s Resolutions for 2019?
MY WEEK ON INSTAGRAM!
Welcome to my Sunday Wrap Up Post! #swup
CHECK OUT Sassy On Facebook | YouTube |
My Business Facebook Page | Instagram | Bloglovin’ | Giveaways! | Goodreads | Authors Needing Reviews Goodreads Group | Twitter | LinkedIn | Pinterest | Alternative-Read.com | Patreon
What’s your week been like?
Do drop a comment below to share! Here’s to a brilliant week ahead!
Luv Sassy x