SaturdaySpotlight #Interview with Bestselling #Author Kyle Mills! @KyleMillsAuthor #SaturdayShare #Review – Alternative-Read.com
- SaturdaySpotlight #Interview with Bestselling #Author Kyle Mills! @KyleMillsAuthor #SaturdayShare #Review
- FIRESTORM #SaturdaySpotlight #Interview with Bestselling #Author & Former CIA Taylor Moore! #SaturdayShare #Review
- Alternative-Read.com : The Outro
- Crescent Moon Crossing by #author Sandy Wright @sinazAZ #BookReview #DomesticSuspense #PoliceProcedural
- Girl, Forgotten by Author Karin Slaughter! Sunday Spotlight Interview with Bestselling Author Karin Slaughter!
Welcome to Alternative-Read.com
We hope you’ll give a warm welcome to author Jessica Coulter Smith, as we share her latest book, a paranormal holiday romance called Mate For the Howlidays. Can you guess what kind of characters this story is about?
How I Became a Writer by Author by Jessica Coulter Smith
I’m often asked how I became a writer. My answer is usually – I was always a writer. Even back in elementary school, I loved making up stories. In high school, my favorite assignments were the short stories we’d get to write a few times a year. I even wrote when I was at home.
As to how I became a published author… that’s different.
I had a story that hounded me. The characters were so loud and the only way to shut them up was to start putting words on the page. By the time I’d finished, I had an 85,000 word novel. And I had no idea what to do with it. My husband and a friend both told me if I spent the time writing it, I should have it published. I’d never contemplated having anything in actual book form, so I had to do some research. I found some publishers who accepted open submissions (meaning I didn’t need an agent) and sent my book out into the world.
A few rejections came back, and one acceptance. I was beyond thrilled! Whispering Lake (later retitled Moonlight Haunting) released in August 2008, and the rest, as they say, is history. That publisher is no longer around, and I’ve submitted to several more since then. My recent books are mostly published with Changeling Press.
Mate For the Howlidays
by Jessica Coulter Smith
Genre: Paranormal Holiday Romance
Follow Alternative-Read : Twitter | Facebook Page | Instagram | Email